Puppies & Children
Need Help & Advice?
If you cannot find the puppy information, articles or training courses you are looking for, or you have an idea for our website...we want to know! Please let us know here...
If you have not already prepared for your puppy's homecoming, please review the First Weeks, Planning and Equipment and Mental Preparation links to ensure that you have everything you need and are fully prepared for the weeks and months ahead.
Additionally, review the following links to get in the full mindset of being a new puppy owner
Please help me be the kind of owner my puppy thinks I am.
- Secure a warm & comfortable travel carrier inside your vehicle
- Pack blankets to wrap the puppy and cover the travel carrier for added security for the puppy
- Pack a supply of baby wipes or cleaning towels in the event of car sickness
- Pack a bottle and bowl for fresh water as needed for the journey
On home arrival
- Introduce your puppy to its sleeping quarters
- Introduce your puppy to its boundaries
- Introduce your puppy to the toilet routine
- Praise your puppy for every desired choice (playing with their own toys, going to their bed, toileting outside, etc.)
- Immediately replace and/or re-direct undesired choices with choices that will earn them rewards and teach them appropriate behaviour (i.e. replace the shoe or chair leg the puppy has decided to chew with their own teething chew or toy)